When you serve as a host to your friends or family at home, you want to be able to provide them with a comfortable indoor environment to enjoy along with good food, drinks, and company. The tastiest snacks in the world won’t distract from a stuffy and overheated house though. When something is wrong with your air conditioner, you want to get it fixed before it ruins your comfort.
How do you know when you need an air conditioning repair in Edmond, OK? Obviously, a hot home is a good indicator, but you want to discover the issue before things reach this point. One great way to figure out when something is going wrong with your AC is to listen to your system. Strange noises are often early signs of trouble.
The Cause of Those Strange AC Noises
Do you have an air conditioner that has gotten to be a bit noisy lately? Don’t ignore it! Sounds like the ones we have listed here all indicate something is wrong with your system and a repair appointment is in your near future.
- Rattling: Hearing a rattling noise should be at least somewhat concerning. This is because this sound is a warning that something is starting to loosen within your AC system. Whether it is a screw or even a fan blade, you do need to get the trouble identified and fixed promptly before it gets worse.
- Hissing: Does it sound like your AC is mad at you? If your system has begun to imitate an irritated cat, it is likely being caused by a refrigerant line leak. What you are hearing is refrigerant in a gaseous state escaping from that system—and that is not a good thing.
- Clanging: If you noticed a rattling noise and didn’t get it taken care of, eventually it will transform into a clanging sound. The part or parts that were loose will break free and start bouncing around, which can create this noise and a LOT more damage.
- Buzzing: Buzzing or humming sounds may seem like just a regular noise your air conditioner makes. This isn’t the truth though. Buzzing or humming noises can be caused by issues like electrical problems or a problem with your system filter.
- Screeching: This isn’t a pleasant noise and it should jolt you to make a call for repairs if nothing else. Screeching is created when metal scrapes metal such as when a loose fan blade is scraping around in its housing, or when a blower motor belt needs lubrication.
If your air conditioner doesn’t sound like it is working properly, you should reach out to our team for help. We know how to diagnose and address the cause of these noises so we can get the issue resolved the first time around.
Make the winning call today to get your AC system back into working order. Contact Air Comfort Solutions today for system repairs in Oklahoma City and beyond.